12.10.2011

New Years Bash. in the planning stages.

I have a baby niece that I have yet to post about. She was born last new years eve while we were signing the offer on our home.  One of her aunts threw her baby shower and her other aunt threw her momma's bridal shower so I felt it time that I threw this family a party. Luckily for baby J her actual birthday this year falls on a saturday- perfect party throwing coincidence! So I went nuts looking for party ideas. After HOURS of googling I decided the best theme was : CUTE AS A BUTTON eeeekk. I am super excited about this. My grandmother had a button collection that I snagged and I sorted through these and color coordinating them (I love organizing). I came out with four groupings *Black/Grey *Blue/Green *Yellow/Tan * and Pink/Brown.

I am not a fan of pink. Sometimes it works but for most of my decor/ design I don't use it. As a result I have all these scrap-booking papers in PINK! Perfect for a little girl don't ya think? I used left overs from J's parents wedding invites for the twine in multi colors and choose cute little buttons to put on the invites. 



Dweet loves anything shiny so of course he loved these first stages of the invitations. 




 The end results, as approved my mom are,
(in my opinion, I may be biased here) 
To-Die-For! 


The only obstacle with creating the invites out of scrapbook matting is that they don't fit in standard envelopes. Luckily, as wedding invite left overs keep coming to good use we have located some that don't have to be purchased! I love me a good deal!



Oh, and I guess you want to see baby J.
I don't blame you.
She IS cute as a button.


Yesterday, after waking up from an adorable slumber. 
I can't get over her face and those blue eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment